on Oct 20, 2010




A few years ago, while i was in college my cage manager Sara and I were talking and she mentioned how she was about to buy a house. "I can finally check something off on my "I-am-an-adult-list"" she said.

I'm-an-adult-list?

Yes, apparently there is such a thing. We all grow up through our teenage years yearning to "finally grow up and be an adult" - be able to stand on our own two feet, make our own decisions and not have to answer to anyone blah blah etc... Certain events following those teenage (angst filled) years can then be checked marked off on this list and we can proudly say "I am an adult".

The list, from what I can ascertain so far, is the following:
Graduate college with a degree
Get a full time job within a field to do with said degree
Get one's own place to live in
Sign a car lease as a primary
Buy a house
Have a baby


I'm sure there is far more to this list but these few things seems to be the ones that stand out in my mind. So....... so far Lobster and I have managed to check off the following on this "I'm-an-adult-list" :


Graduate college with a degree
Get a full time job within a field to do with said degree
Get one's own place to live in
Sign a car lease as a primary
Buy a house
Have a baby

I guess Lobster and I can be considered Adults now. I suppose it was about time eh?  Its strange though, I don't feel like an Adult. I mean an Adult is boring and mature and responsible... devoid of fun. Keeping in that vein of thought, we're parents now as well. I'm a Mom. I don't feel like a Mom either. Moms are older people, they wear mom jeans and drive mini vans....

I know I'm being ridiculous. I suppose despite my age, despite having so much check marked off - I still don't feel like a grownup. Lobster and I are still very much young at heart and fully intend on staying that way. Poor behbeh of ours.... she'll end up being one of those little kids that is mortified of her parents and how they don't act like Adults.



In other news - things are slowly getting better with Lobster's family... well with his older sister anyways. I'm so glad the three of us were able to talk and get past all the drama. As for his parents, well thats another thing. As always though, I've ended up being the one thats being blamed for the entire thing. I suppose its normal for mother in laws to blame the girl that married her son for everything rather than really looking at the situation for what it is. I hope I don't ever end up being that type of mother in law in the future. I hope for jose's sake things slowly get better.

In a few days time, my bestest best friend Bizzeth will be visiting and staying with us, baby aasiyah will have her baby blessing and then the very next weekend my other bestest best friend Sheri will be having her engagement party AND I get to see her wedding dress in person. Life couldn't possibly get any more exciting for us. All good things so far and inshaAllah only all good things to follow.