on May 19, 2010


Its a girl!: 
Its official, we're having a gorgeous beautiful little baby girl! Monday was my 20 week ultrasound and I swear she waited until I could physically see her to let me feel her start kicking.... and she hasn't stopped since then. Jose is over the moon and freaked out all at once. A girl. Such responsibility. We'll have to beat the guys away from her....protect her like you would not believe but at the same time allow her to fall and find herself and grow into a beautiful person inside at out. I can safely say that I am beyond terrified at the prospect of being responsible for a life.. let alone something as delicate as a little girl. For now I am distracting myself with crib bedding perusing. Such adorable stuff out there!


Pre-baby life:
I've decided to start being a little better with the updating on here about our lives pre baby. This tiny part of our lives that Jose and I have lived together as just "US". There was a time that I couldn't fathom my time being spent with anyone or anything other than Jose. I told him upfront that I was selfish with my time with him and I didn't want to be a mom who had to worry constantly about everything. I wanted to be the person that could just "wing it" with my weekends. And that, is exactly how we have been. We're the couple that just buys tickets at the last second to go to Miami and visit family. We're the couple that will stay up all night playing video games... and then go to a diner to eat late/early breakfast.

Now..... there's a baby on the way. Do we stop being 'that couple'??? Do we bring the baby along on our crazy adventures?? OR do we conform and become the usual boring routine mom and dad couple? I don't know.. I would hope that we'd be able to include our child in the kind of life we have always wanted to live. I mean of course, teach her responsibility but  to also let her see that life is more than just routine and rules, that its fun and meant to be lived and enjoyed while still doing the 'right thing' at all times. ahhhhh too much to handle, its enough to freak anyone, especially me, out.


Racism:
I consider myself really lucky to have never really had to deal with racism in any way or form that was aimed at me. In the past 2 months I've had the misfortune of realizing that a few people I work with are actually pretty darn racist. Not to me directly, but one of the managers I work under came over spouting off some story about how she felt scared in a cab because the pakistani driver was giving her attitude and she didn't want to argue back with him JUST in case he had a bomb or a machete or a knife with him... coz ya know.. he might be part of a terrorist cell or something.
O_o.... I don't think I've ever been so floored in my life. This is an educated woman in charge of an entire department at a pretty major publishing company............. and she says this in front of ME. Does she not realize I'm pakistani and might find this completely offensive? People never cease to astound me.