on Jun 4, 2010



No matter how many times we deal with it.... the loss of someone is never quite something you can ever get used to. A few days ago Sabina Rose, a 20 year old waitress at P.Y.T. here in Philadelphia was brutally raped, beaten and murdered. We didn't know her personally, but knew of her and had seen her around... and are friends with a lot of people who were friends with her. The loss and grieving I've seen and felt around me in the last few days is just overwhelming. Its too close to home for me.... way too close.

Early early last year one of our good friends Reo was found murdered.... stabbed on South street. Steps away from the local firestation. Last I heard they did find the guy who did it - some bastard who was fighting Reo over a girl... a girl of all things. Seriously??? Who does that? Since when did human life become such a small thing to take so easily? It took a long time before we were able to go to south street again.... and even today I'll avoid that area.

Sabina was murdered near an area here called the Piazza... its a gorgeous area for young professionals and artists.. very hip, very friendly, very fun. Unfortunately it borders close to an area known as kensington. Kensington is where every druggie, low life, crackwhore, scum of the earth type of people live and for some reason the city thought it'd be a great idea to set an awesome place like Northern Liberties on the border of Kensington. Of course, scum doesn't stay within its own borders and most likely it was probably one of the lowlifes from that area that murdered Sabina. No one knows for sure but that would be my best guess. I hope they catch the a**hole that did this to her.....

All this got me thinking - I'm pregnant with our little girl. The thought of anyone doing anything even remotely wrong towards her just makes my blood boil. Sabina was someone's little girl. She was someone's friend, sister, daughter, cousin... What must they be going through. What did she go through that night? The thought of it just horrifies me and breaks my heart. No one should ever have to die like that... to experience that. What causes a human being to do that to another human being? We consider ourselves so elite and so high up on the food chain. I've yet to hear about animals being cruel to each other for the sake of pleasure or some twisted game.


We're really no better than animals.
In fact.... they might just be better and more 'human' than us.

If anyone reading this has any info about Sabina's attack please please contact the Citizen's Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS. To leave love and support for Sabina and her family you can go here: Facebook

 As a positive note all this sadness has once again made me realize how lucky and blessed I truly am to have the people I do in my life. To be loved so completely every day by my family and my husband and friends... and to be blessed enough to be able to bring a life into this world: my little girl. No matter how annoyed I am with things during the day, I've been trying to make it a point to go to sleep every night thanking God for all that I've had - for all the good and all the bad and for giving me the strength and wisdom to learn from things and move past them.

Alhamdulillah!


A decade later: On to more positive things.... May 27th, Lobster, B and I all went to finally see BON JOVI in concert at the meadowlands stadium in east rutherford, NJ. The last time I saw them was when they did the Crush tour out in Toronto, Canada. We finally finally got to see them again... and let me just take a moment to say:

IT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!

:D :D :D

As always they put on a great show and best of all, Bon Jovi ended up being our little girl's first concert hehehehe. She was wiggling and shaking away on and off during the night to the music. I don't think I could have asked for anything more! Absolutely incredible. That concert was my last 'hurrah' for this summer. I've promised my parents and Jose that I'll start taking it easy and resting more because of the pregnancy. No more running "all over creation" until after the baby is here hehehe.

This will end up being much harder for me than it seems. I've never been one to sit still for that long.. in fact my idea of relaxing is being out and doing fun things as opposed to vegging it up on a couch. Watch, a year from today I'll be craving that quiet time on the couch once I have an over active (hehe) little girl on my hands. My dad finds it highly amusing that so far she's been showing all the same signs I have. Extremely active in the belly, wouldn't sit still when the doctor was trying to count her heartbeat, sleeps mostly during the day and is up most of the night...... I have the distinct feeling I'm about to see what it was like for my parents to have me.

God truly does have a funny sense of humor...

Well... the way I see it... if she's anything like me then she's bound to be absolutely awesome! And what could be better than that right? ;)