on Oct 22, 2009



Lifehouse (my favorite - well one of my favorite bands) dropped their new single from a brand new album today - and how fitting that I end up totally being able to relate to the words:

Talk, talk is cheap
Give me a word you can keep
Cause I'm halfway gone and I'm on way

Its so bizarre to me how few people I know that actually hold to their word. As a rule, if I say I'm going to do something - I do it. Come hell or high water - I do it. If I have to stay up all night, not eat, skip out on having fun with friends - I do it.

So how is it that I've managed to become surrounded by people who live for making excuses? If they say they will do something and not do it - it somehow becomes my responsibility by default to babysit them, to cover for them, to lie for them, to run around and get done what they needed to get done. Should I even say anything about it or show how upset it makes me well then I automatically become the bad guy. It was my fault I didn't remind them. It is my fault that I took it on myself to help them - they didn't ask for it.

Being in this position time and time again has forced me to always be the adult and take responsibility - to the point where I don't even remember what its like to not be stressed out. I'm sure this is doing wonders for my hypothyroidism.

Some people are raised in an environment that teaches no responsibility and no consequences - so how much of their fault is it that they are completely irresponsible and incapable of owning their own faults and mistakes rather than pointing fingers. I'd excuse it if they were still a child - but when you're old enough to hold down a job as a professional, own a car, pay rent and be married - then you know what? Excuses are for children.

Unless.. despite all societal markers that point to you being an adult
... you're still a child.

ughhhh I need a new job so badly!