on Feb 9, 2010





I've been thinking ALOT lately about forgiveness. We're all taught that it is good to forgive and forget..... I have always had a major issue with that. I can forgive.... eventually.. sometimes. But I never, ever EVER forget. I choose to not forget what someone has done to me and I will always be aware of it in the back of my head especially when I have to deal with you at some point.

I had a situation today at work where a department head actively went out of his way to lie to me to cover up that he changed a file name to avoid a run in with the sales department girl that has been causing major issues all over the company lately. I don't understand.  Why in the world would you lie to me?! If you went and changed the file name to avoid a confrontation with her and to appease her then at the VERY LEAST be man enough to say the truth. Instead he opted to lie to me and force to me call him out on it - and he STILL continued to lie to me about it.  AAARGHHHHH!!!!!

Since I'm on a bit of a gripe rant: I have major MAJOR issue with philadelphians who suddenly go ape crazy over snow. COME ON PEOPLE! its friggin' snow!!!! I grew up in the desert (middle east), moved to canada - and never had a hissy fit over snow. Toronto gets real snow. Not the mush we get here. Actual 3-4 feet of snow. Schools still stay open, people still drive, life goes on. Here? People suddenly go out of their way to buy out entire grocery stores. Get a grip!

Emotional overload. Ever since I became pregnant - I've turned into a walking basket case. I cry at the drop of a hat on things that usually leave me normal. Kittens and puppies in trouble on Animal Rescue is murder on my tear ducts! Its just never ending. I heard that song by Stephen Curtis "Cinderella" about his daughter the other day and was completely reduced to a bawling MESS! I just know that as soon as our baby is born in oct. I'm going to be a bawling mess for a good couple of minutes at least. Thats not to say I've been the heartless never cry type - things move me quite easily but I'm usually pretty good at holding my composure... not so much anymore. Boo!

I have realized that over the next few months I really and truly have to work on my road rage (eep!), my constant being on edge around people ( I AM very outgoing but I generally don't like people - however if I like you, then nothing could change my mind on that short of you cheating or lying), I have to start practicing more patience..... Other than my department - I work with some majorly lazy morons. I wonder each day how any of them got their jobs to begin with let alone how the heck are they managing to hold on to it. If I can manage to practice my patience on that set of people - I'll be golden for the rest of my life.

Work in progress for sure.... and God only knows I need all the help I can get with this stuff.